Banbury Museum are looking to fill the current position of Facilities and Installation Manager.
Job Title: Facilities and Installation Manager
Responsible to: Director of Operations
To ensure that the Museum is maintained to a high standard of presentation, cleanliness and safety, for visitors and staff alike.
To provide technical support for special exhibition installations, and their opening deadlines.
To manage the Museum’s Health and Safety responsibilities.
Caretaking of the building
• To manage the opening and closing of the building for contractors as and when needed. • To ensure all staff have the correct keys and are trained to open, unset alarm and lock up as necessary for each post. • To help with the management of after hour events, ensuring any set up is done and the building is checked and locked. • To be part of the Weekend, Evening and Bank Holiday Duty Cover, working as and when needed.
. Day to Day Maintenance
• To deliver maintenance and simple DIY tasks to keep the Museum safe and open. • Be able to deal with any sanitation issues, blockages or small repairs. • Complete any small decorating tasks as required • To work with the cleaner and the cleaning company to ensure that the Museum is clean and tidy every day and cleaning tasks are prioritised timely.
Working with Contractors
• Ensuring contractors are always signed in • Working with onsite contractors to ensure there are working RAMS In place and work is carried out to a high standard. • Working with Facilities companies (Kershaws) to report issues and ensure the correct process is followed and contractors are called timely. • Maintain a good working relationship with all contractors and landlord Cherwell District Council
Health and safety
• To manage the Museum’s Health and Safety responsibilities
• Act as the Museum’s Health and Safety representative, arranging agenda and attending the quarterly Health and Safety Meetings. • Work with GH safety to ensure risk assessments and training is regularly delivered. • Assisting with weekly Fire Tests and daily checks • Ensure that all staff and volunteers receive a health and safety induction when they start to ensure all staff are committed to health and safety at work.
• Maintain storage areas across the Museum ensuring they are kept clean and organised • Ensure that the exhibition store is kept tidy and tools are stored correctly • Work with offsite storage companies to maintain best deals • Dispose of items as and when required
Technical Support and Installation
• Provide technical support during exhibition changeovers and installation, including hanging pictures to a professional standard • Monitor the museum gallery environment to maintain the Government Indemnity Standard, for security and environmental conditions. • Assist with exhibition preparation including the moving and securing of display panels.
• Monitor and manage faults and the maintenance of the Museum’s plant. • Support the café including arranging and monitoring pest control • Support events and meetings by setting up as and when needed • Attend meetings, briefings and training as required for the role. • Carry out other related duties as may be directed from time to time. • Give good customer service when dealing with Visitors and always promote the museum. • Complete online records as needed.
Personal Specification Essential • A wide range of maintenance skills to enable day to day repairs and painting and decorating • Previous experience working with Exhibitions including technical skills to assist with changeovers • Self‐motivated with the ability to problem solve issues and problems • Able to prioritise and deal with multiple requests • Previous experience working and managing contractors • Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels • Good IT skills and a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications • A flexible approach to work with the willingness and ability to work outside standard hours • A great team player • Committed to equal opportunities practice both at work and with customers
• Ability to act as Duty Manager during the working day, weekends and evenings.
• Health and Safety Experience or qualification • First Aid at Work Qualification