Assistant Cleaning Manager – Castle Quay
Assistant Cleaning Manager
The Westgrove Group is one of the UK’s leading independent FM specialists delivering services to a variety of locations across the UK including security, cleaning and hard services such as planned maintenance. Winner of ‘Top Soft Service Provider, UK’ at a leading 2020 industry award for Service Excellence.
Westgrove have a unique position in the market place and an exciting opportunity has arisen within our award -winning team for an Assistant Cleaning Manager at the prestigious site of our valued Partner, Castle Quay Shopping Centre.
The Assistant Cleaning Manager will support all aspects of operational management including health & safety, budgetary costs and customer service standards.
Ideally from a background in facilities management, we are seeking candidates that can provide a professional, comprehensive facilities Management service to the Partner.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will be responsible to assist the professional delivery of a total facilities management solution at Castle Quay Shopping Centre. The role spans across the entire site, responsible for cleaning, security, hard services and the overall customer experience. The successful candidate will have strong facilities management knowledge and solid experience of working within a customer facing environment, and must possess exceptional people management, administration skills and have a can-do attitude with a flexible approach.
Deputise and assist the Dual Service Manager with…
- Driving a culture of first-class customer service and take responsibility for the total facilities management across Castle Quay Shopping Centre
- Establish relationships with the Partner and Colleagues on site
- Help to lead, coach, develop and mentor Colleagues to realise their full potential
- Guidance and Supervision of visiting contractors
- Deputising for the Dual Service Manager when circumstance requires
- Achieve and succeed all client and contractor KPI and SLA targets
- Help assist Staff rostering
- Review facilities supplier contract agreements and commercial terms and conditions
- Ensure site is fully up to date and compliant with all Health and Safety legislation and is monitored rigorously
- Inform Westgrove immediately of any work situation which you reasonably consider represents a serious and/or immediate danger to health & safety or represents a shortcoming in the Westgrove arrangements for health & safety
- Co-operate with Westgrove, so far as is necessary to enable the Company to comply fully and at all times with its legal duties regarding health, safety and welfare matters
- Complete all activities as requested in line with the company OHSAS:18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Report and investigate immediately all incidents in line with Westgrove guidelines.
- Regular facilities update meetings.
- Facilities contract reviews
- Management and maintenance of site equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and best practice.
- Monitoring of CAFM helpdesk system including invoice approval and processing
- Responsible for own administration
- Duty manager requirement as part of the centre management team including some weekend working
- Assist with the management of supervisors to help implement cleaning schedules, and completion of weekly cleaning and security audits
- Maintain staffing levels to keep in line with the contractual agreement, recruiting as required and carrying out training
- Maintaining effective and accurate communication
- The ordering of stock and uniform for the site within budgetary and contractual constraints
- Maintain management information for the Business Manager in relation to KPIs/SLA’s
- Control and maintenance of detailed information including rotas, hours worked, budgets, training, and absenteeism
- Promote equality, diversity and human rights in working practices
Specific competencies within this general requirement include the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good M&E knowledge
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills
- Experience at management level within facilities preferable
- Relevant H&S Qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH etc.) preferred
- IT literacy skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- First Aid at Work would be desirable for this role, training can be provided as required
- Previous experience in Security, Cleaning or operational management/supervisor
- Excellent people management skills
- Results driven, people manager with considerable understanding of customer services excellence
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills effective at all levels
- Knowledge of H&S and HR legislation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work under pressure
- Able to work flexibility in line with business requirements and need
- Achieve deadlines and work to budget
- Utmost discretion when dealing with all sensitive and confidential information
- Results driven to deliver high performance standards
- SIA licensed will be required
If you are the one for us, then this is what we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive bonus
- Contracted hours: 40 hours per week
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- HSF Medical Care Plan
- Attractive Pension Scheme
Retail Trust Membership